The way you start your day, for me, sets the tone for the rest of the day. I find that on the mornings I sleep in, I am lethargic all day. The days I stick with my routine and make myself better myself, I thrive more. Being productive in the morning leads to a day of productivity. In other words, the more you do, the more you do.
Here is an updated morning routine that I like to follow every day. Obviously, some days I don’t do everything on this list or I don’t do anything. Most days I do all of it, but I am human and I get lazy. This routine is what a perfect morning would look like for me. Everyone has a different routine but I hope you can find something that works for you in mine.
6:45am Wake up
On weekdays I wake up between 6:30-7am to make sure I am ready for the gym. I go to bed every night usually around 11-midnight so it isn’t that difficult for me to wake up on time. I wash my face with a light face wash and brush my teeth.
7:10am Gym Time
I am a HUGE fan of working out in the morning. I like to get it out of the way if I am being honest. I am way less likely to go after work or in the evening. It also gives me a really nice burst of energy to start the day on a good note. I also find that if I start my morning off healthy, I am more conscious of what I am eating and doing with the rest of my day, making for a healthier lifestyle overall.
8am Get home
When I get home from the gym I immediately chug water and turn on my oil diffuser. I find that opening my blinds, and diffusing a nice smell throughout my room is a really pleasant way to get ready. I also make my bed and put on some music.
I usually wash my hair every other day with the Aveeno Fresh greens shampoo and oats conditioner, and Aveeno lavender body wash. I then use my Aquis quick-dry microfiber hair towel, which I could not recommend more. Then dry off, use the Soap & Glory Righteous Body Butter, after I use Eminence’s stonecrop body oil. Then put on my Barefoot dream robe to get ready without getting makeup on my clothes.
8:30am Beat That Face
Ok, this one is long. After my hair and body are under control, I move to my face. I use the same cleanser as described before the gym. Then I use a prescribed acne cream (cute right) and really just rub that in to make sure my skin is good and prepped. I then use the Clinique moisture surge moisturizer. After rubbing that in and letting it sit, I use the Eminence Lilikoi face primer. This primer is honestly my favorite primer of all time. It makes my face a little tacky, which is good for makeup, but also really hydrated. It has SPF which we all know is uber important. After that soaks in, it’s makeup time.
- I start with the too faced naturally radiant concealer in shade light nude. I put it on my eyelids as a base for eyeshadow, my under eyes, and any problem areas. After that, I blend with a damp beauty blender.
- I use the Morphe Copper Spice Eyeshadow palette with the shade Lit being used as a transition shade in my crease with a fluffy brush. I then use a flat brush and pack on the shade Spin in the outer corner and moonlit more towards my inner corner from the Tarteist PRO REMIX palette.
- After I have completed my eyeshadow I use the IT Cosmetics CC Cream in light-medium. I love the coverage and that it has SPF in it. Blend put with a damp beauty blender.
- I Fill in my brows with the Benefit Cosmetics goof proof brow pencil in shade 3.
- Set face with a fluffy brush and the Laura Mercier Translucent setting powder all over the face.
- Take a small, pointed brush with the shade Top Yacht Paint pot from Tarte and put in in the inner corner of the eyes.
- Use the Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara from Tarte on top and bottom lashes.
- Secure brows with the Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow in shade 4.
- Last step: Use the Champage Pop Becca Highlighter on the tip of the nose and cheekbones.
- For good measure, I use the Rose Bud Lip Salve all day long.
- Set with MAC Fix Plus + Lavender.
I am a believer in breakfast. I like fasted cardio but in order to function through the day, I like to eat in the morning. I usually have one cup of oatmeal with PB2 powdered peanut butter and a banana, Or I like to do egg whites with turkey sausage. It really depends on the day and I switch it up a lot, but those are my two go-to’s. I always have black coffee with two packets of Splenda and lemon water.
9:30am Vitamins and planning
I like to take the 30 minutes before work to plan my day out in my day designer planner and take my vitamins. I start with the HUM Nutrition Daily cleanse and flatter me vitamins. I then take a woman’s daily vitamin, a D3 vitamin, and B12 vitamin. This combo works really well for ma and I feel energized and healthy. I fill out my bullet journal as well and check my online calendar.
10am Go to work.
That’s it for my morning routine! Hope any of this helped you at all!